In parenting, the prepared path is to parent the way we were parented because there is some familiarity with it and it is easier than going ‘off-piste’ or off the beaten track. Most parents are not parenting the way they were parented. Why? Because the primary style of parenting has been highly authoritarian parenting which is essentially focused on the domination and control of children using manipulation, shaming and corporal punishment as control tools. There are well documented studies that have conclusively demonstrated the toxic downsides to that style of parenting. There is a shift to authoritative parenting and many parents need help to make this shift as effective as possible.Read More...
Search for Articles
Other Parenting Articles
- How To Avoid Common Parenting Mistakes When Raising Teenagers
- Become A Better Mom Or Dad With These Tips
- Tips That Every Parent Should Know About
- Great Advice That Can Help All Parents
- How To Become A More Effective Parent
- Are You A Parent? You Must Read More!
- Jump Into Bringing Up A Child With These Great Tips
- Child-rearing Without The Hassle