Math is essential asset . Are you searching for a technique to develop and learn math skills? Maybe you want to boost your grades in school, especially in the area of math ? If this is correct , you’ve come to the right place!
Browse through the tips below and choose two or three that you don’t do now and infuse them into your school ritual . By doing this, you will learn math skills but you will also boost your knowledge and study in such an necessary area …MATH. Maybe you will even surprise yourself and your parents and get an A in math.
NECESSARY SKILLS-You will need to have the following skills if you want to further your understanding of mathematics and learn math skills. The level of understanding will vary based on your grade level.
1. Understand the related addition or subtraction math facts required for your grade level.
2. Understand the related multiplication or division math facts requirement for your grade level.
3. Learn the meaning of addition and subtraction and how they relate to each other .
4. Learn the meaning of multiplication and division and how they are related .
5. Search out patterns in numbers and symbols to further your understanding of concepts .
6. Practice estimating numbers in the following place values: Tens, Hundreds, Thousands, Hundred Thousands, Millions, and Billions
ASSIGNMENT METHODS – Practice these skills when managing your assignments at home or school .
7. Complete your daily assignments and always be willing to do more assignments.
8. Make a daily assignment notebook .
9. Keep a journal or project book of math activities.
10. Make sure you do your work home every night.
11. Be careful and work slow on assignments.
12. Participate in math enrichment activities.
13.Double check assignments/tests for errors before you hand them in
STUDY HABITS- Get in the routine of doing these activities to strengthen and learn math skills.
14. Review every night the concepts that were taught that day , regardless of whether or not homework was assigned .
15. Study for tests or develop math puzzles for review.
16. Participate in review opportunities, before test, regardless of when they are held for example during: recess, lunch, before school and after school.
17. Review the most crucial definitions of math vocabulary.
TEACHING OTHERS AND CLARIFYING SKILLS- If you want to retain information at the highest level you must teach the skills to others. It is also important to boost a deep understanding of the concepts.
18. Be sure to ask questions when you have troubles understanding information.
19. Provide tutoring for a friend or younger student.
20. Create math problems to challenge friends or family
PROBLEM SOLVING STRATEGIES – Use any of the following techniques to solve problems.
21. Draw a diagram.
22. Make a model and act out a problem.
23. Use trial and error then test the result.
24. Work the problem in reverse .
25. Look for a pattern.
26. Make a table.
By implementing these methods you will enable yourself to be more successful in math and bolster your grades in school!